Unlock Your Hip Flexors is an exercise program that focuses specifically on loosening your hip flexor muscles, also known as the psoas. It was created by injury specialist Rick Kaselj and best-selling fitness author and personal trainer Mike Westerdal.
According to Kaselj and Westerdal this one simple muscle could very well be the root cause of a lot of health problems, including joint pain, bad posture, sluggishness, bulging belly syndrome and a host of others.
In this review of ‘Unlock Your Hip Flexors’ we’ll cover what the program is all about, who it’s for and if it’s actually worth your money.
Currently you can get the program for $10 (it normally goes for $50) at the official website.
Why your hip flexors are important
Can one simple muscle really be keeping you in pain, making you look fat and causing so many other of other health problems?
Sound’s pretty exaggerated… until you consider the function of the hip flexors and the actual reason they are causing so many people so much trouble.
Why focus on hip flexors?
What makes the flexors so important? They are the bridge between your upper and lower body. The psoas muscles are the only muscles connecting your upper body to your lower body. This makes them crucial for:
- Maintaining neutral pelvic alignment
- Stabilizing your hips
- Supporting your lower spine and abdomen
- roviding greater mobility and core strength
- Supporting the organs in your pelvic and abdominal cavity
You see, our hip flexors are the engine through which our body moves. They control balance, our ability to sit, stand, twist, reach, bend, walk and step.
Some of the symptoms associated with tight hip flexors (according to the authors):
- Nagging Joint Pain
- Bad Posture
- Trouble Sleeping
- High Anxiety
- Digestive Problems
- Weakened Immune System
- Circulatory Issues
- Loss of Sexual-Performance
- Lack of Explosiveness in the Gym
What is ‘Unlock Your Hip Flexors’
As the authors themselves put it: ‘Unlock Your Hip Flexors is a practical, easy-to-follow program you can use to release your hip flexors for more strength, better health and increased energy.’
The program consists of:
Unlock Your Hip Flexors pdf manual
This is a 63 page ebook in pdf format. It starts off with a detailed explanation of what your psoas muscle (hip flexor) is and what the effects of its shortening are to your health and well-being.
The second part of the ebook goes into the actual routine. These are the 10 exercises you will be doing to ‘unlock’ the psoas muscle.
Unlock Your Hip Flexors video
The video consists of two parts. In the first part Rick takes you through each of the 10 exercises in detail, helping you understand what to do and why you’re doing it.
The second part of the video is a follow-along of the stretching routine. This is a great way to learn the flow of the routine. You just follow along with the video.
Unlock Your Hip Flexors is a digital product. This means that it doesn’t get delivered to your door. Instead, after your payment, you recieve an email that contains links to download the pdf manual and the video.
What we liked
- The manual does a good job of explaining the exercises as well as the function and the importance of the psoas muscle.
- The exercises are easy to do, especially if you follow along with the video.
- The whole workout takes just 10 minutes to complete and you don’t need any extra equipment (except a wall) to follow along.
- The discount price of $10 at which the program is being sold on the official website, combined with the 60 day money back guarantee make it extremely affordable and allow you to try it risk free.
- It’s a digital product, so you can download the pdf and the video directly after purchasing without having to wait for it to be delivered to your doorstep.
What we didn’t like
- The claims in the sales page make it sound like unlocking your hip flexors will be the solution all your problems. Although tight hip flexors cause health problems they are not the ‘be all, end all’.
- After you purchase you are added to the sellers newsletter and you will receive a lot of emails promoting other products. Of course you can simply unsubscribe.
- After the purchase you will be pitched a lot of up-sells/add-ons. These were probably left out of the original product to keep the price low and you really don’t need them to benefit from the program.
Who is Rick Kaselj
Rick is an injury specialist who has been in the fitness and rehab industry since 1994. He has a Master’s Degree in kinesiology, corrective exercise and therapeutic exercise.
Rick has 16 years of hands-on experience, working directly with clients and teaching his techniques and programs to Kinesiologists, fitness professionals and healthcare providers.
Who is Mike Westerdal
Mike earned his BS from Central CT State University. After college he went on to play and coach football in Europe before acquiring his certification as a personal trainer with the American Council on Exercise.
Mike is also an amatuer powerlifter and a contributing muscle writer for various iron magazines including REPS! and Monster Muscle.
If you purchase Unlock Your Hip Flexors through the official website you will also receive two additional bonuses:
Unlock Your Tight Hamstrings
This consists of a pdf manual and a video teaching you an effective routine to stretch and loosen your hamstrings. This will not only reduce the likelihood of injuries but will also improve performance, correct your posture and help alleviate pain in your lower back. It compliments the Unlock Your Hip Flexor program nicely.
The 7-Day Anti-Inflammatory Diet
This is a Done-For-You nutrition program consisting of diet recommendations, meal plans, shopping lists and supplement tips that will help your body heal itself.
Unlock Your Hip Flexors reviews
So, what are others saying about ‘Unlock Your Hip Flexors’? We scoured the internet to find what people who have actually used the product think about it.
These are great exercises and not that difficult to do. Wish I had them 6 years ago. I think they’ll keep me nice and loose for golf.
Overall, I have had a great experience with this workout program. Rick explains every move so well and I can already tell a difference in the way my body feels. My hips hurt less, I’m sleeping better, and I am in an overall better mood since I’m not in pain. Highly recommended this product.
My husband and I have the item about 1 week. I tried the exercises 3 times all the way through using the book and I have done some the exercises everyday while at work. They have helped us both. The exercises are not complicated and can be performed by anyone. I found that the video was good quality. I like that the exercises are first explained and then demonstrated in the first half of the video, then the 2nd half is follow along at real speed.
I have been using the exercises presented in Unlock Your Hip Flexors for the last two weeks, and I cannot believe what an impact it has made! Not only am I able to walk longer without pain, but even sitting is more comfortable. With more toned lower abdomen, my pants are fitting better and I’m feeling muscles that I didn’t even know I had!